ICM Books Direct are committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information.
This information is process lawfully under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
It is processed under Contract for the purposes of providing services you request from us, or with consent for the
purposes of improving the service we provide to you or providing information to you with the products and services we provide.
By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. At ICM Books Direct we are
committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you share with us. We hold and process your information lawfully in
accordance with Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
What Personal Information Is Gathered?
ICM Books Direct receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We do not sell this
information to any other party. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage
of particular features. Payment information is not retained, it is store so securely by our payment providers, Stripe. We use the
information that you provide for such purposes as processing your orders, responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
The information you provide for us is given in one of the following two lawful ways:
- With Consent (GDPR Article (6)(1)(a)) - you provide consent for us to contact you with relevant and specific information about our products and services. You can control which information your receive from us by updating your preferences. You have the right to withdraw consent at anytime by unsubscribing or by contacting us directly
- Through Contract (GDPR Article (6)(1)(b)) - you provide your information to us for the purpose of completing a service you have asked us to provide, such as fulfilling an order you have placed with us
We receive and store certain types of non identifiable information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites and apps, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this website. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with the same quality of user experience if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
We use this information to pass order and payment details to agents responsible for order processing, to communicate with you about orders, products and promotional offers,
to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, to display content that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve
our store and platform, and to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
More About Cookies
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide helpful features such as remembering the contents of your shopping basket between visits.
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you
receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our most useful features and we recommend
that you leave them turned on. If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Information is Shared, and With Whom?
We will never sell or share your information with anyone without your consent, apart from in the following ways:
- Third Party agents – in order to supply services you have requested. This could include sharing information for the purposes of dispatch and order tracking, sending of promotional emails, secure handling of credit card information.
- Legal or similar – we will release account and personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or comply with our terms and conditions or to protect the rights and property of ICM Books Direct, it’s users or others.
How Secure is the Information Held About Me?
- The only information ICM Books Direct holds is your contact details which are held at a secure site by our web site provider and developer
- We maintain physical and electronic safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log out of the site when you finish using a shared computer
in our email newsletter. We encourage customers to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
Your acceptance of these Terms
then please do not use our website. Your continued use of the ICM Books Direct website following the publishing of changes to this policy will be viewed your acceptance of those changes.